Concrete Laborer | Spartanburg, SC
$14 - 18 / hour
Are you our new Concrete Laborer in South Carolina?
McGillicuddy Concrete is hiring laborers on an ongoing basis! We are a thriving concrete contractor located in Spartanburg, serving the commercial and industrial construction needs of Upstate South Carolina and North Carolina. We are hiring qualified Concrete Laborers to join the McGillicuddy team of commercial concrete experts.
Job Title: Concrete Laborer
Location: Spartanburg, South Carolina
The concrete laborer is expected to carry out assignments and tasks related to the layout, excavation, formwork, reinforcement installation, concrete placement, finishing, curing and cutting of concrete. In order to train you for success, the Department of Labor apprenticeship program for advancement to concrete finisher is available.
Under the direction of the concrete foreman and lead men, the concrete laborer will:
- Prepare and set formwork for foundations, walls, slabs, sidewalks and pavements.
- Place reinforcement.
- Mix concrete and patch materials.
- Place and finish surfaces of poured concrete such as columns, floors, wall, foundations, slabs, sidewalks and pavements.
- Point and patch concrete surfaces.
- Perform daily clean up and housekeeping of work area, company tools and personal tools.
- Identify, communicate and assist in mitigating potential safety hazards.
- Adhere to company safety policies.
- McGillicuddy is a drug-free workplace.
- Pre-employment screening is required.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to kneel, stoop, crouch, climb, crawl and pull.
- Lift up to 50 lbs repeatedly.
- Drivers License
- Pay based on experience and capabilities.
Full Time: $14 - $18/hour
*McGillicuddy Concrete LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Start Your Career
No experience? No problem. We train our employees from entry level and beyond to learn the “ins and outs” of concrete work. McGillicuddy also covers your ACI ILO of CTI Certification and continuing education. The path to success is clear here, and best of all: we love what we do and we have fun doing it.
Certificates and Training
ACI Flatwork Finisher +$1.00 per hour
ACI Technician Level 1 +$2.00 per hour
|Classification||Hourly Rate||Average Annual Salary|
Advance your Career in Concrete
“McGillicuddy Concrete is a company that strives to make their work look good beyond expectations. They care for not only their employees' well being, but also for their families' well-being. It’s more than a company, it’s a family.”
On the Job Training
At McGillicuddy, we know that we all learn best by doing. Working side-by-side with our new employees, we’ll show you how to do the job, safely and accurately, right down to the technicalities and specific job requirements needed for the job site.
Benefits we offer:
- Paid training
- Paid certifications
- 401K matching program
Learn by Doing
"I appreciate growing up with the company. I love the work environment and working with McGillicuddy—the learning experience and the challenge of something new every day."
- Luis Rojas
Position: Concrete Laborer
The McGillicuddy Way
McGillicuddy uses the latest technological advancements to streamline productivity on every job site.
Our commitment to quality & safety yields the best possible outcome for our clients.
From concept to completion, McGillicuddy is committed to getting the job done right.