$25 - 30 / hour
Are you our new Concrete Foreman in South Carolina?
McGillicuddy Concrete is hiring a concrete foreman for our thriving concrete business, located in Spartanburg. We serve the commercial and industrial construction needs of Upstate South Carolina and North Carolina. We are hiring qualified Concrete Foremen to join the McGillicuddy team of commercial concrete experts.
Job Title: Concrete Foreman
Location: Spartanburg, South Carolina
The concrete foreman is expected to carry out assignments and tasks related to the layout, excavation, formwork, reinforcement installation, concrete placement, finishing, curing and cutting of concrete. Under the direction of the concrete superintendent and the project manager, the concrete foreman will provide input and feedback on manpower, equipment, material, and means and methods required to safely and efficiently complete the work in accordance with drawings and specifications.
The concrete foreman will:
- Plan and supervise concrete installations from layout through turnover to the general contractor or owner.
- Communicate daily plans and goals with the other foreman and crew members under his/her supervision.
- Educate and motivate the crew to accomplish goals safely, accurately and efficiently.
- Demonstrate competence in the performance of the trade crafts he/she supervises.
- Communicate and lead McGillicuddy’s safety guidelines and goals on a daily basis.
- Schedule manpower, material deliveries, subcontractors and necessary inspections.
- Educate and supervise the use of company time-keeping applications. Review and approve timecards for accuracy.
- Prepare daily field reports inside field management software.
- Monitor the schedule and maintain adherence to this schedule.
- Lead daily pre-job, pre-task, and safety meetings.
- Identify and mitigate potential safety hazards.
- Lead company safety culture by example.
- Plan and communicate daily with supervision to ensure schedules and goals are met.
- Must be able to read and fully understand blueprints and specifications for concrete and associated trades.
- Ability to use iPad for document management and daily reports.
- Math ability to include addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, area, volume, basic geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to function and lead in a team environment.
- Proficient problem solver and conflict resolver.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to kneel, stoop, crouch, climb, crawl and pull.
- Lift up to 50 lbs repeatedly.
- Drivers License
- Pay based on experience and capabilities.
- Competitive pay based on experience and qualifications
- Paid time off
The McGillicuddy Way
McGillicuddy uses the latest technological advancements to streamline productivity on every job site.
Our commitment to quality & safety yields the best possible outcome for our clients.